SOLD! BA9861347 133 S Poppleton St, Baltimore, MD 21201
3 beds 2 baths 1,100 sqft FOR SALE
Live in Historic Hollins-Roundhouse! 4 level living with 3 large bedrooms, master with adjoining sitting room, 2nd floor laundry room, 1 1/2 baths, beautiful exposed brick, generous kitchen and full dining room, fenced rear patio, full unfinished basement. Roof is new, warm affordable gas heat, central air, EASY street parking. Walk to Medical school or the game! Owning is cheaper than renting.
Bedrooms:3 Bathrooms:1 Full/1 Half
Lot Size:0.03 Acres Year Built:1900 Stories:4
Full Baths: 1 1/2 Baths: 1
Additional Room Information
Dining:Sep Dining Rm
Appliances:Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Refrigerator, Stove, Washer
Cooling:Central Air, Electric
Heating: Gas Heat, Forced Air
Entry Location:Living Room
Security:Security System, Smoke Detector, Carbon Monoxide Detector(s)
Additional Interior Features:Floor Plan-Traditional, Drapery Rods
Exterior / Lot Features
Structural Condition:Shows Well
Lombard St to South Poppleton.
Hollins–Roundhouse Historic District (also known as B-5144) is a national historic district in Baltimore, Maryland, United States. It is a primarily residential area characterized by 19th century rowhouses. The neighborhood is historically significant due to its association with the development of rail transportation in Maryland. Additional historical significance comes from the neighborhood’s association with ethnic immigration to Baltimore. During the 1840s and 1850s the area was a center of settlement for Baltimore’s German and Irish communities, many of whom immigrated to the United States to work in the rail industry. Later, from the 1880s to the 1920s, the neighborhood became established as the center of Baltimore’s Lithuanian immigrant community. Because of the large Lithuanian population in the area north of Hollins Street, the area became known as Little Lithuania. A few remnants of the neighborhood’s Lithuanian heritage still remain, such as Lithuanian Hall located on Hollins Street.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 22, 2009.